[Gambas-user] Window (ALT+TAB whit KWIN) shows _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR windows

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 8 16:20:52 CET 2015

Le 08/03/2015 04:25, herberth guzman a écrit :
> Regards Benoit
>
> Window  (ALT+TAB) shows _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR windows
>
> When I press Alt+tab in KWin, it will show all windows visible on desktop,
> for example, has
>
> _NET_WM_STATE_STICKY,
> _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR,
> _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_PAGER
>
> Atoms set, but alt+tab will show it, ignoring these atoms.
>
> In the taskbar does not appear, just by pressing alt + tab
>
> This problem only occurs with KWIN
>
> with  mutter all well
> with metacity all well
> with openbox all well
> with compiz all well
>
> Is not necessary to work with atoms, enough to put
> Me.SkipTaskbar = True
>
> Benoit please help me or someone to help me.
> Had already requested help on this topic but I can not fix. Lei,
> investigate and I can not.
>
> My code:
>
>   X11.GetWindowProperty(f_panel.Id, Atom["_NET_WM_STATE"], Atom["ATOM"],
> Atom["_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR"])
>
> Help, help, help.
>
> Believe me I worked hard and I have spent much time Innova Desktop to
> finish it, are details what is missing.
>

> Thanks for all your help and suggestions
>
> Herberth Guzman

If every window manager except KWin behaves as expected, I guess it's
KWin's fault.

But maybe nothing in the freedesktop standard says that a window that is
not shown in the taskbar must not be visible with ALT+TAB... It's just
KWin that is less clever than the others, and I cannot do anything
against that.

You should fill a bug on bugs.kde.org, or ask on the KWin KDE
mailing-list and see what they say.

Benoît Minisini