[Gambas-user] Gambas-user Digest, Vol 109, Issue 20

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Mon Jun 22 15:18:14 CEST 2015

First, let me say I have always found help with my issues here. This time
however I have not found any useful information. As I have said before the
print example runs. The document is sent to the queue. The document is
listed as processing, but it never prints. No other document in the queue
will print. Canceling the document does not free up the queued documents.
The only fix I have found is to reinstall the printer.

I'm running Mint 17.1 Mate. I do not know how to  get any more info on the
system as Gambas does not crash per se. The program output just wrecks the
print queue. I do not know what a "widget theme" is or how to change it. Yes
I'm a newbie when it comes to a lot of the insides of Linux so simple
explanations go a long way.

Adding comments to the printing example would be a great help. Without
knowledge of the coding needed to print it is difficult to figure out what
is happening. A tutorial would be of benefit here. I cannot find any
documentation on printing from Gambas on the net. If you know of one please
let me know where it is. I cannot troubleshoot the print example as I have
no idea what all that complex code actually does.

I have other applications written in Gambas that do print without
difficulty. Still I believe Gambas is a good product and I will continue to
use it despite it's rough edges. I'll just find an alternative print
routine.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Marty