[Gambas-user] Feature request

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 19 02:12:17 CEST 2015

Le 18/06/2015 23:05, willy at ...3474... a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have been looking at the Gambas IDE package code (in
> app/.src/gambas3/.src/packager folder)
> In the package module I see that packages for debain/ubuntu are made
> with:
> dpkg-buildpackage -d -rfakeroot
>
> Request 1:
> Could a simple -k<keyid> option be added to 'dpkg-buildpackage -d
> -rfakeroot' for debian/ubuntu, so packages can be signed.
> This could be set as a preference in IDE where you could select 'package
> with key' and enter the key in a field and select the distro the key has
> to be used for when signing.
>
> Maybe it should be possible to have multople seperate key like one for
> Debian and one for Ubuntu to sign with (just thinking out loud)

Is the signature something associated with the user, i.e. the same
signature will theoritically be used for all projects for the same system?

Note that packager can only make a difference between the provided
distributions.

> I have no idea how signing rpm packages works, but I guess it might be
> useful there as well.

This is needed, I should implement signing for all packages: deb, rmp,
but also ArchLinux and Slackware! Not just for Debian...

> Request 2:
> I have noticed that some of the own application when packaged on i386
> system (architecture for package by IDE is set to all) and installed on
> an armhf, they do not alway run, but crash without any GUI to be seen.
> If I next package that application on armhf (again as an all package)
> and install it on armhf it does run!!

This is a bug, as the Gambas executable are (or should be)
architecture-independant. Can you provide me the i386 and the armhf
packages?

Thanks.

--
Benoît Minisini