[Gambas-user] Feature request

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Thu Jun 18 23:05:22 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have been looking at the Gambas IDE package code (in
app/.src/gambas3/.src/packager folder)
In the package module I see that packages for debain/ubuntu are made
with:
dpkg-buildpackage -d -rfakeroot

Request 1:
Could a simple -k<keyid> option be added to 'dpkg-buildpackage -d
-rfakeroot' for debian/ubuntu, so packages can be signed.
This could be set as a preference in IDE where you could select 'package
with key' and enter the key in a field and select the distro the key has
to be used for when signing.

Maybe it should be possible to have multople seperate key like one for
Debian and one for Ubuntu to sign with (just thinking out loud)

I have no idea how signing rpm packages works, but I guess it might be
useful there as well.

Request 2:
I have noticed that some of the own application when packaged on i386
system (architecture for package by IDE is set to all) and installed on
an armhf, they do not alway run, but crash without any GUI to be seen.
If I next package that application on armhf (again as an all package)
and install it on armhf it does run!!

So, maybe it should be possible to default package all (like it is right
now), but have the option to select a specif architecture so making
specific architecture packages is possible (if desired).
The only architecture that could be chosen (if not opting for default
all) would have to be the  architecture the IDE doing the packaging is
running on.

Thanks,

gbWilly