[Gambas-user] Workspace editor question

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Mon Jun 15 14:01:12 CEST 2015

Hi List,

Long time no post though I read the list daily.

I've asked this question before and probably not understood how to
implement it but I'll try again.

I use a workspace in my medical program. When the user clicks on buttons
to access a section, a Form representing the section is added to the
workspace as a new tab, I guess visually this is the same way the gambas
IDE works when you click on a form or class to view.

I want to be able to detect when the user clicks on the little 'x' mark
on the tab, so that I can progress any outstanding information which
hasn't been saved by the user, I've never been able to figure out how.
Also how to access the menu events which popup over that tab e.g the one
saying detach tab etc

When I programatically clear all the tabs in my workspace, as the user
may want when they have finished a consult and want to load a new
patient, I can just loop through all the save events on all the forms
and do this, before the user searches for a new patient, but can't
figure out how to detect the click on the little 'x' which closes the
tab itself.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for help in advance.

Richard