[Gambas-user] Gambas migration to github (or something else?)

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Tue Jun 9 21:38:59 CEST 2015

Le Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:54:57 +0200, Rolf-Werner Eilert
<eilert-sprachen at ...221...> a écrit:

> Am 09.06.2015 13:13, schrieb Benoît Minisini:

>>> As far as I remember, GNU's restrictions for the source code and rules
>>> for comments within the sources were too strict or badly adaptable to
>>> the Gambas way of doing. In the end, the idea seemed to fail at this
>>> point, as nobody was able or willing to rewrite the code to fulfill the
>>> requirements.
>>>
>>> But I haven't read the archives yet, so it's purely taken from my
>>> memory
>>> which has a high error rate ;)
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Rolf
>>>
>> No, it's "just" a matter of having the time of filling that:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html
>>
>> I didn't have the time since last year to deal with that...
>>
>> As for gna!, according to Wikipedia, it is a fork of Savannah made by
>> the creators of Savannah that wanted to keep their way of managing it by
>> collaboration.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Ah ok, I see. I read the GNU page, and the only thing that comes to my
> mind is about qt and maybe other parts which are not completely GNU
> compliant (GTK+ is, right?). Would that be a problem?
>
> On the one hand, being part of GNU seems to be a means of becoming more
> popular. On the other hand, GNU is a world of its own, so it might mean
> to be part of a special biotope, bound in a microcosmos, and hopefully
> not a parallel universe ;) But my knowledge about these things is far
> from being concise, so just take me too seriously here. I would just be
> sad if one day I had to read "we cannot do this or that thing because
> we're part of GNU and it's policy here...".
>
> Rolf

 From what I've seen, the only restriction for GNU projects' dependencies
is to not use or promote non-free projects.
I am not aware of any gambas component that use non-free libraries, so
it is good on that side.

This also seems to be the only "restrictive" policy for GNU projects,
so I'm not too worried about that.
But maybe (probably) I overlooked something.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz