[Gambas-user] Editor word wrap mode

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Sun Jun 7 00:45:06 CEST 2015

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 16:45:52 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Pfew !
>
> I think I finally succeeded in implementing word wrap mode in the new
> text editor. It was painful, but here it is.
>
> I have added two options in the IDE so that you can test:
>
> - A button to toggle word wrap mode individually in each editor.
>
> - A global option to define if word wrap mode must be enabled by default
> when you open a new editor.
>
> Enabling the wrap mode makes the editor slower, as a text line must be
> layouted each time the editor is resized, and it can take more than one
> line to be displayed.
>
> But you will tell me if you have any problem!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

It's a beauty to behold! Thank you.

(But since you did ask, there are some issues with the location of the popup for completion help. I haven't characterised it but at a guess
a] the popup doesn't move as you type, so if you are approaching the wrap limit the popup appears aligned properly on the current line, then when the text wraps the popup stays where it was and doesn't move to the new line. Severity=Very Low
b] when a popup appears on the just created new line it seems to be positioned on top of the cursor pont. Severity=Low)

I've attached some pics which may explain the second issue better.
The first (Selection_071) show the wrapped code line I am goin to edit.
The second (Selection_072) shows the completion popup correctly positioned when I start editing the Picture parameter (imagine that I'm going to change the filename to class12345.png)
The third (Selection_073) shows the popup now covering the cursor point on the (re)wrapped line.

I am afraid I can't catch a picture of the first issue.

best regards
Bruce
--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>