[Gambas-user] Can't start gambas IDE

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 28 04:08:17 CEST 2015

Le 28/07/2015 03:24, Zach Smith a écrit :
> Done. File attached.
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Benoît Minisini <
> gambas at ...1...> wrote:
>
>> Le 27/07/2015 03:54, Zach Smith a écrit :
>>> I'm running r7186 and get this error when starting Gambas on Arch x86_64
>>> and Arch ARMv7.  Please let me know if more information is required.
>>>
>>> user1 ~ $  gambas3
>>> _TextEditor_Styles._new.13: #6: Type mismatch: wanted TextEditorStyle,
>> got
>>> TextEditorStyle instead
>>> Project.Main.352
>>>

>>> qt4 4.8.7-2
>>> qt5-base 5.5.0-1
>>>

>> Can you try to recompile from scratch, now that the sourceforge svn
>> server is back?
>>
>> And please provide the full output of the configuration & compilation &
>> install process!
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini

According to the "error while loading shared libraries: libLLVM-3.5.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error
messages, you have an old installation of Gambas still present on your
system.

Can you remove it completely before reinstalling?

Note that if you want to compile the just-in-time compiler component,
you need LLVM 3.5.

If you have several different versions of LLVM on your system, you have
to run the configuration that way:

$ LLVM_CONFIG=llvm-config-3.5 ./configure -C

Put in LLVM_CONFIG where is the required specific version of the
'llvm-config' executable.

Benoît Minisini