[Gambas-user] New Gambas bug tracker (alpha)

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Jul 25 11:18:57 CEST 2015

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 24/07/2015 12:48, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > On Fri, 24 Jul 2015, Tobias Boege wrote:
> >> I was about to comment that the captchas look way too easy to be effective
> >> but as I was trying to register, I failed at least ten of them, and then I
> >> gave up. Is the captcha validation correctly implemented?
> >>

> > Forget about that. I haven't read the instructions...
> >
> > But still, the words in the image are easy to read mechanically. A program
> > which can do this and has a dictionary may be able to solve these captchas
> > more easily than thought... Anyway, I can't wait to see the code.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> The program will need a dictionary, and a OCR program to transform the
> captcha image into text. I hope that it will be too much job for just
> breaking the Gambas bug tracker.

Right, and although AFAICS one can compute the correct answer to the captcha
from its key (which is sent to the client in the HTML form), this would need
access to the Gambas RNG (Randomize). And here we are again:

[ Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] New Gambas wiki is online! ]
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 09/03/2014 21:22, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hmm, is that "Please run the following Gambas code and enter its
> > result" phase of registration a bot protection? If it is, it is not a
> > very effective one for bots written in Gambas :-)
>
> Yes, it will encourage spammers to use Gambas, so that there are more
> Gambas applications. :-)

Regards,
Tobi