[Gambas-user] New system tray icon protocol support, new episode.

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Wed Jul 1 09:20:37 CEST 2015

Le 1 juil. 2015 07:36, "Sebastian Kulesz" <sebikul at ...626...> a écrit :

> Hey there!
>
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Benoît Minisini <
> gambas at ...1...> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In revision #7154, I have replaced the gb.form.statusicon component by a
> > component named gb.dbus.trayicon.
> >
> > This new component is now automatically loaded by the GUI components
> > when the current desktop is KDE 4 or KDE 5. Otherwise, the old protocol
> > is used.
> >

> Given that i could theoretically run a daemon with not GUI, but a tray
icon
> available, would it be okay to include this component with the gb.dbus
> component, or should I package it separately? Note that this would add
> gb.image as a dependency to gb.dbus.

I think it will be better to have a gb.dbus.desktop component that can
group classes like tray icon, notification, appmenu... Etc

Or gb.desktop.dbus

But gb.dbus.tray icon is too restrictive and I think we have to be carefull
in the multiplication of the components.

After... It's an hidden component it's an extention of gb.gui