[Gambas-user] Packaging a project with libraries to deb failed

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Jan 18 15:48:46 CET 2015

On zo, 2015-01-18 at 14:58 +0100, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after I wrote my first small app in Gambas, I decided to export some
> common modules and classes to an external library, which worked well (at
> design time).
>
> But now the original project cannot be packed as .deb. There is an error
> shown when packaging:
>
> > dpkg-buildpackage: Host-Architektur amd64
> >  dpkg-source --before-build xyz-program-0.4.3
> > dpkg-source: Warnung: Abhängigkeit (>= 0.0.0) kann nicht ausgewertet werden
> > dpkg-source: Fehler: Fehler beim Parsen von Build-Depends
>
> I try a translation of the error:
> dpkg-source: Warning: Dependancy (>= 0.0.0) can not be parsed
>
> Any idea?
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

I believe I had something likewise when building a library.
As far as I can remember it was because my library had version 0.0.0 (or
maybe even 0.0.1, can't remeber as it has been a while ago).

Try increasing the version of your library and then package again and
see what happens. It worked for me.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)