[Gambas-user] need NOWAIT option for Process=Exec Command

Lewis Balentine lewis at ...3412...
Sat Jan 17 20:32:32 CET 2015

Well I am almost there and ran into a small hick-up. I am trying to
create a program to schedule and record over the air (OTA) television
broadcasts via ffmpeg and an IP based NTSC-Tunner (SiliconDust
HDHR4-2US).  If I use the GAMBAS statement:
    Exec Command
then the ffmpeg command is executed and the recording takes place in the
background as desired.

My problem is that I need to get the Process ID for each recording
session in order to be able to abort/cancel recording session(s). If I
use the GAMBAS statement:
    Process = Exec Command
then the program hangs up while it "waits" for the Command to complete
(which might be a couple of hours).

Now I am hung up. Is there another way to get the process id?

cheers,

Lewis Balentine