[Gambas-user] Column Alignment Property

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 10 15:28:28 CET 2015

Le 10/01/2015 15:13, Lewis Balentine a écrit :
> My application is sort of a mini-datamanager where the end user
> determine which tables/fields they need/want to access. The application
> generates the datasources and dataviews at run time. Each table is
> displayed in its own tab of a Tabstrip /(small screen shot attached)/.
> There are two tables in the DB that hold the parameters for the run-time
> tabs.
>
> My OOP competency level is marginal :-[
> I am actually amazed that I have made as much progress with this as I have.
>
> *Correct me if I am wrong: *
> The event handler would have to be created at design time.
> Thus I would need to create a new control class that inherits dataview.
>
> Lewis

You have three "patterns" in Gambas to solve your problem (extending the
behaviour of a control): the Observer class, the Object.Attach() method,
and inheritance.

If you are new to OOP, then you should read the "Gambas object model"
document on the wiki slowly, carefully and many times, until you
understand these three "patterns".

I have to leave, I can't explain more now.

Benoît Minisini