[Gambas-user] Wiki Observation, SQL syntax

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Jan 2 16:10:46 CET 2015

On Fri, 02 Jan 2015, Lewis Balentine wrote:
> Thank you to both Benoit and Tobias for the explanations. I did figure
> it out but did not realize that a "Result" could be treated as an array.
> I tend to think of DB data as structures.
>
> ... but my real point was that when the syntax can be considered a bit
> unusual then the Wiki needs to document the use of the syntax. Otherwise
> potential new users are left without a clue. I observed this case and
> thought that it was perhaps worth mentioning so someone might at
> sometime update the information.

Yes and I am willing to update the documentation in these cases. However,
there is this one question whenever such a point is found: where to put the
missing information?

If it's OK with you and Benoit doesn't know a better place, I will put notes
on the ! operator into the _put special method documentation and link to it
from the Collection and Result classes which are the most popular ones who
use String-based indexing, so that a newbie may stumble upon them. Not ideal
but I think we don't have a dedicated page for array accessors (because there
are just these two -- AFAIK).

Or should I create a new "Array operators" page in the language index?

Regards,
Tobi