[Gambas-user] R: SDL2 : "Channel" Class has not property nor metods...

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Fri Jan 2 12:55:47 CET 2015

Ok, I understand,  but my problem is:

with the old "gb.sdl.sound" component if I wanted to use .Stop() method to stop the playing, i can put on the Form a Button and in Button_Click() event i can write .Stop() method.

Now, with SDL2 how can I create a Button and its active _Click() event ?

Regards
vuott

 Data: Venerdì 2 gennaio 2015, 10:49

 Le 02/01/2015 10:39, Ru
 Vuott a écrit :
 > Uhmmm.... another
 question/problem:

 With old  "gb.sdl.sound" we can use also graphic
 components.

 > Now,
 the new "gb.sdl2.audio" is not compatible with
 gb.gui, gb.gtk, gb.gtk3 and gb.qt4 !

 > Regards
 > vuott

 I'm
 not sure it's a good idea to use SDL with GUI toolkits.
 SDL seems to
 be designed to be run alone
 between the system and a game program.

 If really needed, I will re-enable it, because
 as it seems to work. But
 I'm not sure
 that it will always work in the future.

 Otherwise there is the gb.media component. But
 it's more complicated to
 play several
 sounds at the same time with gstreamer. Maybe I should
 create some sort of MediaMixer control that
 would allow to play sounds
 like SDL.

 Benoît Minisini

 and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
 hub for all things parallel software
 development, from weekly thought
 leadership
 blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more.
 Take a
 look and join the conversation now.
 http://goparallel.sourceforge.net