[Gambas-user] Happy new year...

Fri Jan 2 02:53:36 CET 2015

> There are actually two problems in your test:
>
> 1) What is watched is not a file path, but a file descriptor. The
> command "echo test > XXX" replace the "XXX" file by a new file with the
> same name, and that file is not opened nor watched by the test.

Oh, I see... however the problem persist if I change to to appending:
Shell "echo test > " & sTemp Wait
 -->
Shell "echo test >> " & sTemp Wait

2) Once the end of file is reached, Gambas automatically stops the
> watch, even if new data is added to the file later. This behaviour is
> not a good idea, and I think I did it because sometimes file descritor
> keep being ready to read even if there is no data anymore.

Yeah, think it breaks the example given in the documentation (watching a
serial port).

Jussi