[Gambas-user] Happy new year...

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 2 02:42:32 CET 2015

Le 02/01/2015 02:16, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
>> By the way, it's a pity that you didn't separate all your tests so that
>> we could only run one of them.
>>

> I will think about that. The test run pretty quickly on my system, but
> maybe the inconvenience is in debugging...
> Meanwhile here is the problem isolated.
>

> Jussi

There are actually two problems in your test:

1) What is watched is not a file path, but a file descriptor. The
command "echo test > XXX" replace the "XXX" file by a new file with the
same name, and that file is not opened nor watched by the test.

2) Once the end of file is reached, Gambas automatically stops the
watch, even if new data is added to the file later. This behaviour is
not a good idea, and I think I did it because sometimes file descritor
keep being ready to read even if there is no data anymore.

Benoît Minisini