[Gambas-user] Happy new year...

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Jan 1 22:52:43 CET 2015

On Fri, 02 Jan 2015, adamnt42 at ...626... wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 10:12:06 +0100
> Beno?t Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
>
> > ...to all Gambas users and developers!
> >
> > I'd like to release Gambas 3.7 as soon as possible, because I won't be
> > able to create a Gambas 3.6.3 release. Too much work to backport some
> > important fixes.
> >
> > Please tell me if you have something blocking that release: Fabien,
> > Tobias, Adrien, anyone needing a forgotten bug fix.
> >
> > The most important feature for me is the software farm. I think it is
> > now usable, at least since the very last development version. Not
> > beautiful, not perfect, but usable.
> >
> > I think I will just add a global software heading to the client
> > interface: games, examples, development, education, multimedia,
> > networking...
> >
> > So... If you have a project to publish, don't hesitate to push it on the
> > current 'gambaswiki.org' farm server. 'gambasfarm.org' has been bought,
> > but it does not point to the farm server at the moment.
> >
> > It needs some tests, it needs some love, it needs your projects!
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > --
> > Beno?t Minisini
> >

> OK I tried uploading vrecentfilesd.  Seems to go alright but I have the following questions:
> 1) How do I set up a screenshot?

The IDE seems to have gotten a screenshot feature (see Tools). If you take a
screenshot from there, project/.hidden/screenshots is created and the file
is placed there. From this directory you can select screenshots in the
publish ComboBox.

[ I must say that I'm not a fan of this. I'd like my screenshots to show
  only the application window (if there is only one window), so until now
  I created that directory manually and inserted a screenshot from outside
  the IDE. My normal desktop screenshot program offers me to take
  screenshots from a specific window (the one under the cursor after some
  adjustable delay) only.

  Maybe Benoit can implement this in the IDE's screenshot module, too? That
  or a new popup menu entry for the project TreeView, "Paste screenshot",
  which would paste a file (path) from the clipboard and create the necessary
  directories automatically. ]

Regards,
Tobi