[Gambas-user] Communicating to hosted forms...

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Jan 1 21:57:42 CET 2015

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015, Stephen wrote:
> I just extracted the archive from the email, loaded it and of course it
> works perfectly.
>
> I had this;
>
> mhform1.textbox2.text = value
>
> and
>
> mgform2.textbox2.text = value
>
> in my original code but I kept getting "null object" every time it tried
> execute the line.
>
> Thanks for putting up with my stupidity and taking the time to help out.

That's why I found it better to send a patch in this case (I attach the one
with Charlie's changes). You will see that he switched a setting in the
project properties:

  +ControlPublic=1

which makes all controls on all forms public variables (they're private by
default for reasons of sanity). With this setting enabled, your problem is
trivial as you see.

I think Charlie wanted you to find that setting by yourself. I think this is
a bit unfair as the setting is well hidden in the project options dialog :-)

Regards,
Tobi