[Gambas-user] Another IDE feature request

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Wed Feb 25 23:57:48 CET 2015

Benoit,

Thanks again for that popup menu for the debugger to add watch items, it really is a great help.

But here's another request:

Could you add an item to that menu to print the value of an object property to the console please.  When looking at a long or complex string it would be nice to be able to scroll across it easily.  I know it is possible using the "edit" mode, but that is a bit clunky.

As an extension to this, I think there is a TODO item about printing (all) an object's property values, or perhaps it was the interpreter item "Make objects printable, with a "_print" hidden method or something else." However, I believe that being able to print them all from the debugger to the console would be a great step forward.

regards
Bruce
--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>