[Gambas-user] Issue 547 in gambas: Cannot execute a .gambas program

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Wed Feb 25 23:38:33 CET 2015

Comment #3 on issue 547 by g4tw... at ...626...: Cannot execute a .gambas
program
https://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=547

I know this is a bit old, but I was having a similar problem.

My setup includes 2 linux boxes. On the dev system (system1) i have the
full gambas3 IDE and gambas3 components. On the other system (system2) i
only installed the gamba3-runtime package.

I built a gambas executable 'myGambasApp.gambas' on system1, which runs
fine on the system were it was built.

I copied over the file 'myGambasApp.gambas' to system2 for some quick
testing in a different environment. When trying to run the program i got
the same error message 'gbr3: no project file in 'myGambasApp.gambas'.

In my case i forgot to complete my system2 setup with the supporting lib
(component) packages. Which could be the issue here.

I understand how the error message here could be a bit misleading. The
issue could be missing components.

For me I added the missing packages 'gambas3-gb-db, gambas3-gb-image,
gambas3-gb-qt4, etc.' and things are now fine.

Hope that helps if you are still trying to find the issue.