[Gambas-user] GB.REPORT2

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Feb 23 12:28:44 CET 2015

Hi all, I would like to explain why having developed a new component
'Report'. As I have quite rewritten part of the Layout likely to have
made very different on the existing project was too important. So I
chose the way for a new component.

What's new?
Everything and nothing.

The management of the margin property.
The real appearance of shadows.
And a lot of work internally that will allow me to extend the
management of elements over several pages. Such ReportRichText ... it
might be nice to be able to continue text on the next page.

And of course ReportGridView who unfortunately will not be ready for
v3.7 but I promised for 3.8:-P.

Another change concerns the viewer gb.Report which is now based on the
new DocumentView widget. Several bug also been corrected at the
viewer, but it still deserves a bit of work.

On another topic, you will also notice the appearance of a new
component gb.scanner. This is simply an interface that allows a
scanner via code prawns. In fact I had thought at the beginning direct
dialogue with the SANE API but is finally struck me that it would be
easier to make a frontend to the utility 'scanimage', provides with
SANE.
There is no performance loss and more I take several tools present in
this very simple and complete tool.
It remains for me to add the loading tray support. But already it
allows among others the ascynchrone scan. I would put a quick example
online (certainly a scan application as simplescan)

Best Regards,
--
Fabien Bodard