[Gambas-user] A sentence in the PaintBrush documentation

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 21 18:23:42 CET 2015

Le 21/02/2015 17:52, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
>> Le 21/02/2015 16:16, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
>>> Benoit,
>>>
>>> while you're here, I have a second question. There is a sentence in the
>>> PaintBrush docs[0]:
>>>
>>>     "Gradient brushes limits are not anti-aliased when they are scaled!"
>>>
>>> What does that mean? I have created a LinearGradient brush and scaled the
>>> user-space afterwards: the brush still paints smoothly. In another run, I
>>> scaled the brush-space afterwards: the brush also paints smoothly.
>>
>> It means what it means, at least the last time I looked. Try to draw a
>> repeated linear gradient that is turned 45?.
>>

> Attached is a screenshot (with the code). Where is the effect supposed to
> show (or what is wrong in the code)? Also what does a "repeated linear
> gradient turned 45 degrees" have to do with "scaling" as mentioned in the
> docs?
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Try with an end color different from the start color, for example
[Color.Black, Color.White] and [0.0, 1.0]. Use another angle, for
example 30°. And scale the brush with a brush matrix.

Benoît Minisini