[Gambas-user] A sentence in the PaintBrush documentation

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Feb 21 17:52:29 CET 2015

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 21/02/2015 16:16, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Benoit,
> >
> > while you're here, I have a second question. There is a sentence in the
> > PaintBrush docs[0]:
> >
> >    "Gradient brushes limits are not anti-aliased when they are scaled!"
> >
> > What does that mean? I have created a LinearGradient brush and scaled the
> > user-space afterwards: the brush still paints smoothly. In another run, I
> > scaled the brush-space afterwards: the brush also paints smoothly.
>
> It means what it means, at least the last time I looked. Try to draw a
> repeated linear gradient that is turned 45?.

Attached is a screenshot (with the code). Where is the effect supposed to
show (or what is wrong in the code)? Also what does a "repeated linear
gradient turned 45 degrees" have to do with "scaling" as mentioned in the
docs?

Regards,
Tobi