[Gambas-user] whats different between "left$" and "left" string functions

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Tue Dec 15 00:08:52 CET 2015

On 2015-12-14 23:29, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> hi Toby
>
> Jussi has right, the wiki before or after me, has some missing points
> to newbie programers
>
> also the http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/replace page has broken
> links! around the gb.Case (also info are ambigous)
>
> we think gambas comunity must designate 2 or 3 mens to watchful the
> wiki and correct that problems
>
> any suggestions, and please can any correct thos misc in the wiki
> respect the string manipulation fuctions!?
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

Yes,

There is a lot of work and a lot of missing documentation:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/translate -> There are 1491 symbols to
document yet.

A lot of it I never used, so I can't help out documenting it.

It would be good if those developing would 'now and then' take some time
to check if their developments are at least minimal documented.
All that takes is creating the missing page, without any further
documentation added, so it will at least pop up in the help.

If I figure out the use of minimal documented parts, I will add info to
it, if the info presented:
1. would clarify the use
2. would be correct

I have been doing so for gb.report and will be doing so for every other
undocumented feature I might start using in the future, because I need
it myself.

It isn't always easy figuring out how to use an undocumented feature.
It's mainly trial and error, time consuming and in the end never knowing
for sure if that is the way it is intended to be used.

Anyway, count me in for helping improve the wiki.
I will, if and when I can.

gbWilly