[Gambas-user] Class header features (was: Declaring variables in class header without Public/Private is possible...)

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sat Dec 12 09:00:35 CET 2015

> On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Moviga Technologies wrote:
>> >
>> > Things are PRIVATE by default, but it was not necessarily a good idea
>> > allow that.
>> >
>> > Maybe I should remove that, but it's not backward-compatible, so many
>> > programs will not compile anymore.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>>
>> Thank you!
>> You could save it for 4.0. Then you are allowed to make more
>> backward-incompatible changes :)
>>

> While we are speaking of new features for the class header: I regularly want
> to declare multiple variables in a Private or Public statement like I can
> with Dim. And sometimes it would save some typing to have a syntax like
>
>   Property Read Text As String To $sText
>
> to declare a property which should have the same effect as
>
>   Property Text As String
>   Private $sText As String
>
>   Private Function Text_Read() As String
>     Return $sText
>   End
>
> But none of these are urgent. Just wanted to record them :-)
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

I like it :-)

And maybe it can automate the management in case of
Property Read and remove the need to wrote the _Read function when it
have just to return the value content.

> --

Fabien Bodard