[Gambas-user] Class header features (was: Declaring variables in class header without Public/Private is possible...)

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Dec 12 08:26:29 CET 2015

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Moviga Technologies wrote:

> > Things are PRIVATE by default, but it was not necessarily a good idea
> > allow that.
> >
> > Maybe I should remove that, but it's not backward-compatible, so many
> > programs will not compile anymore.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Thank you!
> You could save it for 4.0. Then you are allowed to make more
> backward-incompatible changes :)

While we are speaking of new features for the class header: I regularly want
to declare multiple variables in a Private or Public statement like I can
with Dim. And sometimes it would save some typing to have a syntax like

  Property Read Text As String To $sText

to declare a property which should have the same effect as

  Property Text As String
  Private $sText As String

  Private Function Text_Read() As String
    Return $sText
  End

But none of these are urgent. Just wanted to record them :-)

Regards,
Tobi