[Gambas-user] Egads! A new (nasty) error message

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Dec 4 22:54:08 CET 2015

Le 04/12/2015 22:46, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :

> I think we can stick this on the back-burner for a while.  I also
> think you have hit the right clue, it does appear to be when a
> (local) component is translatable and it is loaded either by the IDE
> or the executable when running it outside the IDE.  I did not include
> the full error message including the back trace that is displayed in
> the message box (or the backtrace in the message area inside the IDE)
> as it appeared to me to be totally random, e.g. it would indicate
> different lines in different classes inside the IDE code depending on
> "how I set my tongue"* when I tried to load the said project. (* hope
> that is translatable?)

/tmp is used for storing all temporary files created by the interpreter.
It's not always language files.

> One strange thing was, let's say it occurred for project xxx, when I
> loaded it in the IDE, the IDE would abend after displaying the popup
> message. But, if I ran the IDE inside the IDE and loaded xxx in
> there, it didn't fail nor did it show the error.
>
> Anyway, I have moved /tmp to a less space constrained partition and
> that seems to have solved my problem.
>
> My original query was : What does the "File too large" error message
> mean?

It does not necessarily means something. I mean, it depends on the
system call returning that error.

This is the reason why I need the exact error messages returned by the
interpreter, and/or the line of code in the project or the IDE that
raises that error. Please provide them.

Benoît Minisini