[Gambas-user] Egads! A new (nasty) error message

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Dec 4 11:52:12 CET 2015

Le 04/12/2015 05:58, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 14:06:20 +1030 "adamnt42 at ...626..."
> <adamnt42 at ...626...> wrote:
>
>> Generally lately, I'm getting the following error in "random"
>> places: [42] System error #27: File too large.
>>
>> Que?
>>
>> bruce
>
> Some more information.
>
> This is (still "randomly") happening. Error #27 text should be
> "Cannot load component"     --> (CLUE?) It happens (more frequently)
> when "/tmp" is on a partition that is getting full (>95% used) and
> the fattest /tmp user is gambas.500 i.e. me      --> (CLUE?)

No, see Tobias' mail.

> By random places I mean that sometimes it happens when I'm trying to
> open a project in (another) instance of the IDE and also that the
> backtrace line that is reported seems (so far) to be entirely
> "random" i.e. on gambas3 line X where, when I look at that line seems
> to have nothing to do with file access.
>
> However, it does seem to have something to do with loading a
> component.
>
> I have grep'ed the entire source of rev 7495 (both a "pristine" copy
> and our local mod'ed version) for the string "File too large" with no
> success :-( I also cannot understand the "[42]" at the beginning of
> the error message :-(
>
> I am in a "maze of twisted little passages that are all different"
> here, any clues, suggestions gratefully accepted.
>
> regards bruce

Free space in "/tmp" is mandatory for the interpreter, to load
translations. How is "/tmp" configured on your system exactly?

And please give the exact error messages you get instead of your
interpretation.

Benoît Minisini