[Gambas-user] running IDE with Qt5

Ian Haywood ihaywood3 at ...626...
Thu Dec 3 21:27:29 CET 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 03/12/2015 11:47, Ian Haywood a écrit :
>> is there a way to run the IDE with Qt5 only (not Qt4 at all)
>> The reason is Qt4 webkit is getting pulled out of Debian, so we are
>> not allowed to depend on it anymore.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> The algorithm is the following:
>
> if GB_GUI is "QT4", then gb.qt4 is used.
> if GB_GUI is "QT5", then gb.qt5 is used.
> otherwise,
>    if KDE_FULL_SESSION is "true", then
>      if KDE_SESSION_VERSION is "4", then gb.qt4 is used.
>      if KDE_SESSION_VERSION is "5", then gb.qt5 is used.
> othewise, gb.qt5 is used.
I thought so, but I am finding that on 3.8.3 at least, if gb.qt4 and
gb.qt5 are both present,
gb.qt4 is used (which then fails, as no gb.q4.webkit is present)
Removing gb.qt4 from the system is the solution: the IDE then has nbo
choice but to run successfully with gb.qt5

Ian