[Gambas-user] Wizard question

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Tue Dec 1 22:35:28 CET 2015

On 2015-12-01 17:02, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Dec 2015, willy at ...3474... wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently working on a Wizard and have a question.
>>
>> The thing with this specific wizard is that once a user starts the
>> wizard, he/she should run through the whole wizard, so no canceling
>> halfway.
>>
>> For this I would need to be able to disable (or even better make
>> invisible) the Cancel button, but I can't figure out how to do this.
>> Is
>> it even possible?
>>
>> If not, I'll have to work around the issue with letting the Cancel
>> event
>> call the Form_Close() method (where closing the wizard before it
>> finished is stopped).
>> But it would look better to visualize the Cancel can't be used
>> I.M.H.O.
>>

> This seems like an efficient workaround (compared to writing your own
> Wizard based on the code from gb.form):

Hi Tobi,

That is what I was thinking as well :)

> You set Wizard.ShowButton = False and place two buttons (to move to the
> next and previous step) below the Wizard and make them look like the
> two
> on the Wizard. With Wizard.MoveNext() and Wizard.MovePrev() they also
> behave like the buttons on the Wizard.

I might give this a try as well, looks interesting.

I have to say, up untill a short while ago I didn't use the wizard.
Kind of got used to building my own for each specific situation.

Recently I've used it to make two different wizards and I like it a lot.
It is a really handy control, once you figure out how to work with it.
I'm loving it :)

> Regards,
> Tobi

Regards,