[Gambas-user] Wizard question

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Dec 1 17:02:37 CET 2015

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015, willy at ...3474... wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on a Wizard and have a question.
>
> The thing with this specific wizard is that once a user starts the
> wizard, he/she should run through the whole wizard, so no canceling
> halfway.
>
> For this I would need to be able to disable (or even better make
> invisible) the Cancel button, but I can't figure out how to do this. Is
> it even possible?
>
> If not, I'll have to work around the issue with letting the Cancel event
> call the Form_Close() method (where closing the wizard before it
> finished is stopped).
> But it would look better to visualize the Cancel can't be used I.M.H.O.

This seems like an efficient workaround (compared to writing your own
Wizard based on the code from gb.form):

You set Wizard.ShowButton = False and place two buttons (to move to the
next and previous step) below the Wizard and make them look like the two
on the Wizard. With Wizard.MoveNext() and Wizard.MovePrev() they also
behave like the buttons on the Wizard.

Regards,
Tobi