[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #704: Format does not handle time separator correctly

Fri Aug 28 14:34:45 CEST 2015

> you made that GambasTester, why not strip down to a version which checks
> only the Date-Format, and ask to the list to send a list with their
> localisation string + Format(Now, "<format string>") + the expected
> result.
> So Benoît can check easier the function.

I would like GambasTester to test localizations, but I haven't find easy
way to do that.
Maybe some website has listed all the localizations... then I could:

Select Case Application.Env["LC_TIME"]

Case "en_US.UTF-8"
  If Format(Date(2000, 12, 24, 11, 40), "hh:nn dd/mm/yyyy") <> "11:40
24/12/2000" Then

End Select

But this kind of code could only test the localization you are currently
using. However, it would be better than nothing...

@ Moviga TECHNOLOGIES

Your format string is malformed, it should be "hh:nn dd/mm/yyyy", not
"hh:mm dd/mm/yyyy".

Jussi