[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.8 seems to work odd

Wolfgang 123 at ...3490...
Tue Aug 25 11:37:10 CEST 2015

Am 24.08.2015 um 19:15 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 24/08/2015 18:51, Wolfgang a écrit :
>> Hi all!
>> A while ago I upgraded from 3.6.x to 3.8.
>>
>> Today I tried to modify a project that ran great under 3.6
>>
>> Now all graphical objects seem no longer to fit. Many things seem to be
>> bigger and I got errors on a socket that ran without any problem. The
>> compiled Program is still running exactly as I planned it.
>>
>> Now I tried a very simple graphical program. No Code! Only a form with a
>> TabStrip, which I changed the background color.
>> Now the TabStrip has NO Background color anymore.
>>

>> What has happened???????
>>
>> a) in 3.8 many things in the graphical area (seem to) have changed. I
>> can have the old behavior if I do (WHAT?)
>>
>> b) I am the only one, whose older code does not work any more.
>>
>> c) I want "my" old 3.6.x back (the last official release) which worked
>> perfectly here. But how?
>>
>> Can anyone help me here????
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
> I don't know what you are talking about. Please at least give some
> details: what is your full system information? How did you upgrade?

Hello Benoît,

this is in the example:
To make it step by step I added a very, very short example with
SystemInformation. As ZIP-Files are refused, please rename my file!
(My original program is a ham-software I programmed over more than a
year now - and which is very complex in all the code)

This is not in the example, but may be of interest:
What I do have (not in the example obove) is that everything is bigger
now. The controls, the text etc..

What the example makes:
I simply have place a TabStrip and changed the *BackgroundColor*. This
worked in 3.6.x (do not know, what exactly the latest official version
was. Now only the "headline" besides the tabs shows the desired color.

How I upgraded:
I upgraded via synoptic (source:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu - Distribution:
trusty - Komponents: main)

Before:
It did this last time to get 3.6.x which worked perfectly!! (Well some
minor problems from my side: I had three mistakes in my code concerning
database-use; nothing that Gambas caused!!)

A last question: Is it possible to go back to the 3.6.x? If so: how?

Hope this makes it a bit easier for you, Sorry for wasting your time
with last post.

Wolfgang