[Gambas-user] Help with DatGridView programing

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Sat Aug 22 16:49:44 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a form containing a datasource and a datagridview control. Its
purpose is to display data and allow for edits and deletions on specific
rows in the datagridview. I can fill the datagridview with data. No problem
there. I select the row to be edited using the doubleclick event.

I want to edit a column on a given row then programmatically set an existing
column (Last_Update) to a date as the edit is saved. Also I want to delete a
specific row selected by the user.  I think I should be able to do this by
making my changes to the DataGridView first and then saving the datasource
if the user accepts the changes.

I'm looking for the proper way to do this. Which one should I be working
with? So if you could list the proper sequence of steps I think I can write
the code. If your solution includes the data event however, the use of that
event still eludes me. So maybe an example here would help.

Regards,

Marty