[Gambas-user] Problem with MySQL syntax with DataSource

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Tue Aug 4 22:33:36 CEST 2015

Charlie,

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be a bug as the routine worked
before. I do not think the work around will work as I want it to. My
understanding is that a datasource built on a query cannot be edited and
updated. I need to change the value of the key based on the user selecting a
record in datasource2.

I have looked at the data event of the datasource control and find it too
complicated to use. I have developed the form using the result object. I
believe that the key data can be changed easily with the syntax below:

hRow.Moveto(GridView2.Row)

hRow!Key = 0

hRow.Update

If this will modify the underlying recordset it should work for my purposes.
If there is a good example of the use of the data event to change a column's
value or a sample project please send it to me as an attachment to my email
off the list (mmcg29440 at ...3495...).

Thanks to Adrien for fixing the bug in the daily builds. However I do not
have the knowledge to get this compiled and installed.

Regards,

Marty