[Gambas-user] A question on gb.gui

Gian bagoneo at ...69...
Wed Apr 29 17:28:23 CEST 2015

Il 29/04/2015 16:00, Jussi Lahtinen ha scritto:
> So, maybe there are incompatibilities with the Ambiance theme. Can you see
> this problem with any other theme?
>

> Jussi

Hello Jussi,
Ubuntu does not have pre-installed themes on which to play, since there
is Unity *the* theme is Ambiance.
So if we want to give at Ubuntu's user our application we have to choose
other ways different from the Gnome's themes.
As said I choose this system: I use only QT and then install in the
Ubuntu of the user the Qt Configuration and choose a theme that I like
(Plastique).
As you can see from the answers I am not the only one who abandoned gb.gui.
I try just for the spirit of service otherwise no one would talk more
malfunctions.
I can understand that to many people the policy of Canonical does not go
well, and I understand those love KDE but Ubuntu is too widespread,
especially in businesses to disregard it.
With Mir to play on the themes in Ubuntu is impassable at the moment but
I think in the future too.

Regards
Gianluigi