[Gambas-user] Locating a function's source code?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Thu Sep 18 21:21:51 CEST 2014

Thank you, Benoît, for pointing me to exactly what I was looking for
this time.

> There are some places to remember:
>
>  - /gb.*: components written in C/C++
>  - /comp/src/gb.*: components written in Gambas
>  - /app/src/*: Gambas programs such as the IDE, the wiki and the scripter
>  - /examples: the example projects available from the IDE
>  - /main/gbc: compiler, informer, archiver
>  - /main/gbx: interpreter
>  - /main/lib: components in C/C++ without dependencies

That is a good general, birds-eye guide.

And it does appear that to do any more than cursory (curiosity) browsing
of the source code, it makes a whole lot of sense to just checkout a
local copy of the repository.

Thanks Tobi.