[Gambas-user] Building /trunk, deprecated documentation

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Thu Sep 18 17:08:17 CEST 2014

John,

We are about in the same boat but I have a few years on you in using
Gambas. I worked with a 4004 and the 74181 ALUs... I was lucky enough to
have access to a Altair 8800. Though I am 5 years your junior... The 6809
and I spent a lot of time together. I even built a 6809 emulator.

I think you will enjoy Gambas 3. While not quite Dartmouth Basic, it
retains much of the Basic language while adding many powerful features. The
object model is a bit different and sometimes seems restrictive from a
C/C++ point of view. But that usually is caused by a limited understanding
of the object model and how to work with it.

What you will find here is a lot of people willing to help you. So dig in
and enjoy the journey!

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:21 AM, John Leake <jleake at ...3375...> wrote:

> > If you use BackBox, uninstall metacity and try to delete
> ~/.cache/sessions.
> > Assuming you still have xfwm4 installed.
>
> Done and I do have xfwm4 installed and I am back to an almost unusable
> system.

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?