[Gambas-user] Control Backgroung/Foreground colour

Wed Sep 17 03:19:08 CEST 2014

With svn you just checkout, edit the source if you want, and then compile.
But with git, it requires something very different...
git clone <the address>
git checkout pristine-tar
git checkout upstream
git checkout master
git-buildpackage -us -uc

I don't know what those commands do, but they were advised and obviously
required (intuitive tryouts failed). Applying or creating patch was even
more mystical, and I never learned how to do it so that it would work
consistently. You couldn't even compile locally edited sources without some
mystical commands (why??). Also simply updating the sources failed several
times, and every time I had to rm the source folder and "checkout" again to
solve the mess.

I don't know the reason for the whole mess, but I guess part of it was from
the badly managed git repository. However, I have never seen such problems
with svn. And yes, I believe that git has powerful features and certainly
you can learn to use it, but is it really worth it? Couldn't these, at
least essentially, same features be implemented with intuitive interface?
There are a lot of alternatives.

Jussi