[Gambas-user] About SMTP component

Jorge Carrión shordi at ...626...
Thu Oct 23 10:03:52 CEST 2014

Benoit,
Thanks for the answer. I

>Curiously, there is no concept of "mail body" in the MIME message format.
I knew that, but SmtpClient offers it and its easy way to send a message.
At this point there is another property that isn't clear for me: the
.Alternative property.
I've read, don't remember where, that is a information passed to old email
clients who hasn't reading .html capacities. If you set it a True and send
a text content as first part of MIME, the second part is sopused to be the
HTML version of the first part. However I do not see any difference between
use it as True or False. I mention it because, if it is so, when the
.Alternative is True the message should be 1.- text of message 2.- HTML
version of same text 3.- attached files, and if .Alternative is False then
should be: 1.- text 2.- attached file.
Or is .Alternative something obsolete or I don't understand nothing and all
this is a mess.... :D:D:D

>But I think you can help him by using the "Content-Disposition" header.
How can it be implemented? I haven't seen any way in SmtpClient.

Regards