[Gambas-user] Strange error message

senex at ...3380... senex at ...3380...
Sun Oct 19 16:16:28 CEST 2014

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 18:33:02 -0400
T Lee Davidson <t.lee.davidson at ...626...> wrote:

> It looks as thought there might be a special character hidden
> somewhere in that file.
>
> You can check the file encoding to make sure it is not some bastard
> encoding with the command-line: `file .gtkrc-2.0:1`
>
> You can also view special characters in a text file with the VI
> editor. `vi .gtkrc-2.0:1`
> Then type ":set list" to show special characters.
> ":set nolist" turns that off, and
> ":q" quits out of VI.
>
> You might be able to 'fix' it by simply loading it up into a visual
> text editor, manually setting its encoding, and saving it.
>
> HTH

Thanks, that was a good suggestion about a rogue character somewhere in
that  file.  Since it was a small file I did it more simply. I printed
it off first. Then I renamed the original version  with the suffix old.
Then I typed it in again using gedit text editor and saved it. Now the
error message has gone.

Regards

Neil