[Gambas-user] Strange error message

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Sun Oct 19 00:33:02 CEST 2014

It looks as thought there might be a special character hidden somewhere
in that file.

You can check the file encoding to make sure it is not some bastard
encoding with the command-line: `file .gtkrc-2.0:1`

You can also view special characters in a text file with the VI editor.
`vi .gtkrc-2.0:1`
Then type ":set list" to show special characters.
":set nolist" turns that off, and
":q" quits out of VI.

You might be able to 'fix' it by simply loading it up into a visual text
editor, manually setting its encoding, and saving it.

HTH

--
Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."