[Gambas-user] Attempted build of v3.6.0 RPM fails due to DejaVuSans.ttf require

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Sat Oct 18 08:27:31 CEST 2014

On 10/17/2014 06:18 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Yes. This font was used as a default font for gb.sdl. It has been
> replaced by a custom bitmap font integrated inside the gb.sdl sources,
> to remove this dependency.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Benoît Minisini

Thank you Benoît and Tobi for your help.

After a few build-edit-clean cycles, I was finally successful in
building a Gambas 3.6.0 RPM for Mageia!

In addition to removing the footprints of the deprecated external font
requirement, I also had to make a few modifications of the SPEC file to
accommodate the new components and find parents for some "orphan" files
that were included in the source but not packaged by that file.

But, I now have a working Gambas 3.6.0 on my Mageia 3 box that I can
manage with my package manager. Yay!

For anyone else using Mageia, you can read a summary of my short
journey, which includes step-by-step instructions to build a 3.6.0 RPM
on Mageia, at
https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8598&p=52267#p52291

--
Lee