[Gambas-user] Attempted build of v3.6.0 RPM fails due to DejaVuSans.ttf require

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Oct 18 00:18:40 CEST 2014

Le 17/10/2014 19:29, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> I am trying to build a RPM of Gambas 3.6.0 on my Mageia 3 system,
> because I prefer to use package management instead of the
> configure-make-install process.
>
> I successfully built a v3.5.4 RPM by grabbing the Source RPM from the
> Mageia development repository (Cauldron). However, v3.6.0 is not yet there.
>
> So I grabbed the SPEC file from that SRPM
> (http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/gambas3/current/SPECS/gambas3.spec)
> and modified it slightly for v3.6.0.
>
> The package seems to build just fine, but %install fails trying to
> create a symlink to /usr/share/fonts/TTF/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf within
> the
> ~/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gambas3-3.6.0-1.mga3.i386/usr/share/gambas3/gb.sdl/
> directory, since that directory does not exist after the build.
>
> Apparently DejaVuSans.ttf was at one time required by the SDL component?
>
> Whether or not it was ever required, is it required today by v3.6.0? Can
> I safely remove that requirement from the SPEC file?

Yes. This font was used as a default font for gb.sdl. It has been
replaced by a custom bitmap font integrated inside the gb.sdl sources,
to remove this dependency.

Benoît Minisini