[Gambas-user] Drag and drop inconsistent across toolkits

Jørn Erik Mørne epost at ...3323...
Fri Oct 17 18:44:45 CEST 2014

Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a project attached which tries to implement some drag and drop.
> The
> archive has gb.qt4 as graphical component but let me start with its
> behaviour
> under gb.gui:
>
>  - drag from SourceLabel und SourceTextBox and drop on Destination work,
>  - if I do three drag and drops: (i) from SourceLabel, (ii) from
>    SourceTextBox, (iii) from SourceLabel again, I get an error "Undergoing
>    drag". At step (ii) I see a warning in the console:
>
>      (DragData:2084): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2580: instance '0x14170a0' has no handler with id '138'
>
> When I change the component to gb.qt4, I get the following:
>
>  - drag from SourceTextBox does not work automatically anymore, I have to
>    code it myself (losing the ability to select text in it),
>  - no errors or warnings.
>
> The project is from another Gambas user and on his system (don't know
> what
> it is -- does it matter?), the project with gb.gui does:
>
>  - drag from SourceTextBox works automatically, drag from SourceLabel
>    doesn't work, even when coded (as in the attached project).
>
> Is there anything I can say to him about this?
>
> My system:
>
> [System]
> Gambas=3.5.90
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=3.15.8-1-ARCH
> Architecture=x86_64
> Distribution=arch
> Desktop=?
> Theme=QWindows
> Language=en_GB.UTF-8
> Memory=3758M
> [Libraries]
> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11200.16
> Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.2
> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.8.6
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.400.0
> GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.1200.2
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.13
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.24
> OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.35.0.0
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.46.0.0
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
> SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
>
> which looks awful. I only know for sure that I need two different
> versions
> of Poppler and GStreamer to keep all my applications satisfied. But two
> GTK+2 versions? :-/
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

I also just recently found that drag/drop with gb.gui (most likely GTK)
is buggy.
I have to drag/drop several times to get it to work, while under gb.qt
it just works.
Find my project attached. In the same project, when dropping a document
on the trashcan I get an Error which I don't know is a bug a correct
behaviour? It says: "Control is being draged"

Kind regards
Jørn Erik