[Gambas-user] Drag and drop inconsistent across toolkits

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Oct 17 16:29:51 CEST 2014

Hi,

there is a project attached which tries to implement some drag and drop. The
archive has gb.qt4 as graphical component but let me start with its behaviour
under gb.gui:

 - drag from SourceLabel und SourceTextBox and drop on Destination work,
 - if I do three drag and drops: (i) from SourceLabel, (ii) from
   SourceTextBox, (iii) from SourceLabel again, I get an error "Undergoing
   drag". At step (ii) I see a warning in the console:

     (DragData:2084): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2580: instance '0x14170a0' has no handler with id '138'

When I change the component to gb.qt4, I get the following:

 - drag from SourceTextBox does not work automatically anymore, I have to
   code it myself (losing the ability to select text in it),
 - no errors or warnings.

The project is from another Gambas user and on his system (don't know what
it is -- does it matter?), the project with gb.gui does:

 - drag from SourceTextBox works automatically, drag from SourceLabel
   doesn't work, even when coded (as in the attached project).

Is there anything I can say to him about this?

My system:

[System]
Gambas=3.5.90
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.15.8-1-ARCH
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=arch
Desktop=?
Theme=QWindows
Language=en_GB.UTF-8
Memory=3758M
[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11200.16
Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.2
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.8.6
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.400.0
GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.1200.2
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.13
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.24
OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.35.0.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.46.0.0
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4

which looks awful. I only know for sure that I need two different versions
of Poppler and GStreamer to keep all my applications satisfied. But two
GTK+2 versions? :-/

Regards,
Tobi