[Gambas-user] Official release of Gambas 3.6

Fri Oct 17 04:06:44 CEST 2014

On 10/16/2014 07:33 PM, Sebastian Kulesz wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any interest in having a Beta repository
> too. I know we already have two, but major releases of gambas are months
> apart and I have read some cases where the bug being fixed was breaking a
> project.
>
> This beta repository would use the latest code from the stable branch,
> which includes bug fixes merged since the latest stable release. It would
> be almost the same as the Stable PPA is now, but with bug fixes backported.
>
> If you have any interest please let me know!

I'm 100% for that. I think it should be a priority for all major open
source projects. It seems every time there's a new release of anything,
you get 50% new cool features and 50% cool new bugs. The idea of a "bug
fix only" build lying between the "stable" and "daily" builds is the
best idea since sliced bread. :)

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues