[Gambas-user] A sad event

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Fri Oct 17 03:36:43 CEST 2014

On 17/10/14 10:24, B Bruen wrote:
> Dear Gambas friends,
>
> My apologies for writing this, but I just have to "get it off my chest".
>
> We at Paddys-Hill have been deeply shocked this week by the tragic death of a young 19 year old jockey due to injuries received after a fall in a local race.
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-16/jockey-killed-after-fall-at-murray-bridge-race/5817266
>
> Although not associated with paddys-hill, Caitlin Forrest was a known and well respected young rider to our small community of customers.   Further, Caitlin was a child of this small town where we are located. The local township community and the local thoroughbred racing community have been shaken to the core by  this event.
>
> Again my apologies for having troubled you with this.
>
> regards
> Bruce

Have already noted this in the media - heart felt sympathies - I felt
sad when I read about this. For those working in general practice as I
do, we see many similar tragedies involving health of young and old and
they stay in your memory as the decades roll by - the individuals and
their faces remain with you like a trail of ghosts  that  for some
reason one becomes even more aware of as time passes. I guess is must be
similar for those in the armed services who lose their mates in war.

Regards

Richard