[Gambas-user] "search" and "search & replace" work on any file in project directory

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Oct 10 20:22:16 CEST 2014

Le 10/10/2014 20:13, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 10/10/2014 03:55, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
>> I have static game data in my project directory so it'll be contained
>> within the compiled .gambas executable. When I use "Search" or "Search &
>> Replace" it goes though Wavefront obj model files, wav files, etc.,
>> which is a bit dangerous as well as slow. Perhaps GAMBAS should only
>> perform these operations on files contained within the "Sources" section
>> of the main project tree (the leftmost pane in the IDE), ignoring those
>> in the "Project" and "Data" sections.
>>

> If it searches those files, this is because you explicitely asked to
> browse the entire project. But I agree, at the moment the IDE is stupid,
> as it should ignore non-text files...

Fixed in revision #6527.

Normally only text files are browsed. It is just that the routine
detecting if a file is text or binary cannot be 100% accurate.

Benoît Minisini